1/36 completed! I finished Amplify! Digital Teaching and Learning in the K-6 Classroom this week. Authors and teachers Katie Muhtaris and Kristin Ziemke have written an inspiring and user-friendly book detailing how digital teaching can enhance, and well, amplify learning! A key statement they make in the book is this: "The technology is as transformational as we make it. It's not the tool that counts; it's what we do with it."
Some ideas that I want to try after reading this book:
- creating a classroom recording booth when students are making audio or video entries into their digital journals.
- learning more about vlogs and how I can use them.
- look into SonicPics (an app that allows students to enhance images with audio recordings and captions.)
- teach more into evaluating infographics
- creating photo book reviews
- learning how to make book trailers
I really enjoy trying new technology tools to enhance teaching and learning. It's not about the tool, it's about the learning and the ways that the tool can make learning more meaningful, social, and long-lasting! I highly recommend this book!